The South African Facilities Management Association (SAFMA) presented a special Recognition Award to Afroteq Academy for the significant contribution it makes to education in the South African facilities management industry.
Speaking at SAFMA’s annual awards ceremony which was broadcast virtually, Director of Education John Samuel said SAFMA honours individuals, groups or corporates whose work stands head and shoulders above their peers in the advancement of facilities management.
Natasja Ware, Afroteq Academy Manager, was called upon to receive the award and was also given the honour of handing out the award certificates to their first cohort of graduates.
“Congratulations to all our graduates who received their QCTO Certificate of Competence for the NQF 6 Occupational Certificate: Facilities Management at the SAFMA graduation ceremony. We were humbled by your commitment and your passion. You committed two years of your life while working in a very difficult industry over a difficult time. We are extremely proud of your achievement!” Natasja said. She thanked the hardworking and dedicated group of graduates for helping to develop the programme and earn the NQF Level 6 qualification.
“Many others will follow in your footsteps, but you are the first. No one can ever change that on this achievement. Success will continue to build on your joint experiences. Each one of you has achieved a recognized level of knowledge,” Samuel confirmed.
In addition to the Recognition Award, SAFMA also handed out the following prizes:
- Award for Excellence covered all aspects of FM from in-house to outsourced service providers, PPPs or any other variation.
- Facilities Manager of the Year award recognised individual Facilities Managers for their outstanding professionalism and contribution to the FM industry.
- Young Achiever of the Year is awarded to a person under the age of 35 (at the end of the calendar year) and who has made a significant impact in their area of responsibility.
- Award for Technology Implementation of the Year went to the company (outsourced partner, a client, or a corporate with its in-housed FM) that had successfully incorporated technology into its infrastructure and core services.
- Chairman’s award was an open category which covered any person or team that has made a special contribution to the FM industry.
“Afroteq Academy is very proud to have received SAFMA’s Recognition Award this year as an acknowledgement of our efforts to enhance and grow the South African Facilities Management Industry. We will continue building and developing our training programmes, because we are passionate about seeing the growth of the facilities management industry and ensuring that our students are empowered to advance their careers and reach their maximum potential as they expand their industry knowledge,” Natasja concluded.
For more information please visit www.afroteqacademy.co.za