The Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa (SEIFSA) is accepting applications for its bursary programme for 2024.
Each year SEIFSA grants bursaries to qualifying learners planning to pursue a career in the Steel and Engineering industry.
“As SEIFSA, we understand how important it is for the Metals and Engineering Sector to have a pipeline of highly skilled individuals into the sector. This process begins with supporting exceptional young individuals as they pursue their tertiary education in the engineering and related fields of study and is the reason we have our bursary programme,” says Lucio Trentini, CEO of SEIFSA.
Full-time students registered for approved undergraduate engineering programmes at South African Universities or a National Diplomas in engineering at Universities of Technology may apply.
Students studying in the following fields are eligible for the bursary scheme:
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Electronic engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Materials science
- Mechanical engineering
- Metallurgical engineering
- Other related engineering courses
- South African citizen.
- 35 years or younger.
- Excellent academic results for maths and physical science, with a minimum of 75% average in grade 12.
- Already studying or provisional acceptance into an undergraduate course at a South African University or University of Technology.
- Registered to study at a recognised South African University or University of Technology; and
- Enrolled to study any of the courses mentioned above.
The closing date for applications is November 30, 2023.
All applications will be evaluated against the policy requirements of the SEIFSA Bursary Scheme.
Bursary application form: https://www.seifsa.co.za/
For any queries, contact Mabandla Nhlapo on 011 298 9425 or firstname.lastname@example.org